Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Iran


Since I've been in U.S, I've been asked several times about different things in Iran.
Yesterday my teacher asked me " Is Iran safe to travel? " I became surprised by this question, and I started talking about my country.
me : the country is completely safe. there is no safety problem to travel, but you just have to wear Hejab in public places.
Then, one of my classmates said " I heard that people aren't allowed to laugh and cry in the streets"
me: what... what... Are you serious?
you're not even able to understand my feeling in the class. These questions made me upset.
I tried to control myself and then I replied: " It's completely wrong"
I don't have any idea about these stupid questions.
I think the picture of Iran is not clear among people in U.S.
Iranian people don't speak Arabic, and women don't cover their faces by scarf.



2 comments:

  1. hahaha :D
    dont get mad at such comments... you could have turned this into fun.
    I mean it is funny for me at times as to how people perceive other cultures... and its true about boths sides :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you don't have any idea how many times I've asked about some stupid questions about Iran.
    I'm trying to turn this into fun...

    ReplyDelete